Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Live CD Boot Problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friedle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Live CD Boot Problems Reply with quote

I'm pretty new to Linux and I thought a Live CD to mess around with on my PowerBook was awesome. I burned the latest .iso and checked the MD5sum with Terminal.

When I boot and hold 'C' it still just boots into OS X. Am I do anything wrong? :?

TiBook G4 1GHz
512MB RAM
OS X 10.4.2

Thanks.
Section_8
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about PowerBooks, but when you browse the CD you burned in a file manager, do you see a single .iso file or a bunch of files & directories?

If you just see 1 iso file, you need to re-burn the CD. You should look for a function like "burn CD image" in your CD burner, or something similar. An iso file is a single file image of an entire CD, similar to the way Norton Ghost creates a single file image of an entire disk partition.
torchZ06
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was experiencing the same problem as you on my powerbook5,9. assuming you burnt the cd right, you can use this command from openfirmware (thanks to JoseJX for this one)

Code:
boot cd:\boot\ofboot.b

depending on your livecd, you might have to change the path to the ofboot.b file. just browse around and find where it's at under osx.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: