Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How to tell portage to ignore MD5 check of a package?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: How to tell portage to ignore MD5 check of a package? Reply with quote

I am in need of applying a small patch to the sources of a package, but I guess this will break the MD5 hash check and the app won't be emerged. Is there a way to tell portage to ignore the MD5 check or should I just compile and install it manually?

Thanks.
rojaro
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in this case you can create your own md5 hash using the ebuild command. e.g.: ebuild digest /path/to/package. i suggest using the portage overlay facility for this. e.g. if you want to create your own version of an existing package (i.e. app-misc/multimon) create the following directory using the following command:

mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/app-misc/multimon/files

now edit /etc/make.conf and add PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" to it (there is already an example in the file which you just need to uncomment). now copy the original ebuild (e.g. /usr/portage/app-misc/multimon/multimon-1.0.ebuild) to /usr/local/portage/app-misc/multimon and edit the file as you need. put your and the original patches from /usr/portage/app-misc/multimon/files (multimon doesnt have any) into /usr/local/portage/app-misc/multimon/files.

now run ebuild digest /usr/local/portage/app-misc/multimon/multimon-1.0.ebuild and a new digest-multimon-1.0 file will be created in /usr/local/portage/app-misc/multimon/files to reflect your changes.

to install your package now just run your usual emerge command (e.g. emerge app-misc/multimon - emerge will use your version instead of the one under /usr/portage).
xenon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the information. I'll try it soon and post the results.
xenon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I get when trying to finally emerge the app is:

Code:
!!! ERROR: app-emulation/gxmame-0.31x failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 275, Exitcode 1
!!! no configure script found

I followed the instructions, changed the sources, repacked them, changed the ebuild to fetch the tarball from localhost (Apache running) and tried to emerge. All goes fine (md5 check, source unpacking), then the above message appears. Do you know why?
xenon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tried the elegant way and failed, so I did it the dirty way. 8)

I put my repacked sources tarball in /usr/portage/distfiles, and edited the digest file to reflect the new MD5 hash generated by the ebuild digest command. It worked. :)

Thanks for your help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: