Gentoo on Cygwin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Storytobi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Gentoo on Cygwin Reply with quote

Hi, i've just tried the http://www.toso-digitals.de/gentoo

Portage on Cygwin port, but i got stuck at some point installing ebuilds with emerge ....

who can me tell something about the internals of emerge and how i should fix this problem.
thanks
H3g3m0n
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That project doesn't seem to have been updated since 2003, also i don't think it was ever actually usable.

Theres not realy much point in porting a system like portage (i think the debian people also tried with apt) to cygwin since alot of cygwin builds require hacks to their code.

A more usefull idea would be a commandline version of the cygwin setup.exe utility with emerge like function, although i guess use flags and cflags with compiling from souce might be usefull, it would be nice to have a native x86_64 compile of cygwin but im not sure how much of the cflags stuff would work under windows/cygwin.
werfu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would consider Portage on cygwin or even on msys if it would run on Reactos... the next big thing would be to make the Reactos GDI system also an X server, so it could be a true Unix/Windows merge... it would be a Windows killer, imagine using MS Office under KDE... :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: