Running OS/2 Warp v3 under Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blixel
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Running OS/2 Warp v3 under Gentoo Reply with quote

I got ahold of a factory sealed OS/2 Warp version 3 retail box a while back. It has sat on my shelf for over a year because I don't really want to mess with trying to set aside a partition for it. My question. Is there a way I can try it out under Linux? I don't want to go the VMWare route because I don't have any practical use for it. I'm just interested in checking it out for the fun of it.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no other way (that im aware of) run any other so under linux that a virtual machine, like vmware. There are many others, but nothing usefull that I know of. Well, this does not apply to linux only, no SO that I know can run any other into it. The only exception is OS/2 running win31, of course, i you can call win31 a SO (i wouldn't).

That, or, to set a partition for it and share the hd between the two OSes. :wink:
NightKiller
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS/2 is not supported by vmware. You should try qemu (it's free) to do this. I do have OS/2 Warp 3 running with qemu with no problems at all (just a little slow because of the "emulation").

[]'s
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: