View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki2001
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: processor flags Reply with quote

what flag should I use for an athlon thunderbird 1200 so it builds it specifically for it, I have
Code:
-march=athlon-tbird -03 -pipe fomit-frame-pointer. is this right because KDE fails to build kde_src
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: This and that Reply with quote

I'm assuming that's a typo, but the -fomit-frame-pointer options should have a hyphen (-) in front of it as I've written here. You're obviously using GCC 3.1 right? There are plenty of resident experts in the GCC 3.1 forum area who could probably help you out. Anyhow, try dropping the -fomit-frame-pointer option and seeing if you still have a problem, if so try changing -O3 to -O2.

If you post back here again, let us know what exactly you are emerging and in what order, and post the error if you can. Did you just emerge kde-base/kde or are you specifically emerging certain parts? For example, you will have a functional (minimal) KDE system by doing
Code:
emerge qt
emerge artsd
emerge kdelibs
emerge kdebase

Doing it that way might help you more easily isolate the problem as well as giving you the option of experimenting with different optimisations for each component build, and you can add the other bits you need afterwards (oddly, I had a problem recently which went away when I emerged qt separately). A reminder too, that kde-base/kdemultimedia does not work properly with -fomit-frame-pointer (as I understand, Noatun crashes out). I think it's probably a good idea to avoid building artsd with that option too. I've heard reports that -fomit-frame-pointer and/or -O3 "breaks multimedia stuff".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: