View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Evolution 1.2 from RC3 installs will not see all my accounts Reply with quote

I am installing RC3 and just installed evolution 1.2.1 which I was using under RC1. After emerging evolution, I moved my entire old evolution directory to the new hdd and started evolution. It sees all my mail and directories ok, but it insists on renaming config.xmldb among others and it does not see ANY of my old accounts.

i searched the startup options and even tried the --force-update option. nothing.

Any ideas? I REALLY don't want to reconfigure 27 accounts!!!!
However, I found that if I use kde3.1 and use a fresh reinstall of my evolution mail directory from my backup, everything is there. once i saved that information, I went back to gnome and it was all there.

But there are some other issues which may be the heart of this. while in kde I tried the help system and it still brought up nautilus which then told me that the corba server could not be contacted (whatever that is) and nautilus promptly took control of my kde desktop. my only out was to kill all nautilus processes, exit kde then go back in.

Also, the help system appears to be broken. When I go to help it opens nautilus but shows me the html code instead of the proper 'user page'. I think I missed something here, maybe in nautilus config? I started this up using gnome since evo is a gnome-native application.

I think this has something to do with an error in corba or gconf or something. Maybe I should reinstall a package, but I have no clue which one:)

That is the only error I have received in the entire RC3 install, but I don't want to continue my reconfiguration with this error until it is fixed.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated as I have run out of time to get this done. This is my work machine and I took most of last week off from work to do this.

Chuck
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: