Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
things and stuff
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxamd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: things and stuff Reply with quote

I was searching the forums for "apache directory allow" to find some more examples of specific configuration. And I came upon this post. What a lame april fools joke. Do you really have nothing else to waste your time on so you make a whole post about some joke? Why don't you go do some actual work and/or help some people on the REAL forums and stop trying to think of more post ideas for OTW.

They really should take out OTW from the search.

Mod edit: Split from Requesting help with an April Fools joke
amne
Lews_Therin
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuxamd wrote:
I was searching the forums for "apache directory allow" to find some more examples of specific configuration. And I came upon this post.

Well, yeah, that would fit since this post contained examples of configurations...

tuxamd wrote:
What a lame april fools joke. Do you really have nothing else to waste your time on so you make a whole post about some joke? Why don't you go do some actual work and/or help some people on the REAL forums and stop trying to think of more post ideas for OTW.

You mean like this?

tuxamd wrote:

You can choose not to search in OTW, dumbass.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuxamd wrote:
I was searching the forums for "apache directory allow" to find some more examples of specific configuration. And I came upon this post. What a lame april fools joke. Do you really have nothing else to waste your time on so you make a whole post about some joke? Why don't you go do some actual work and/or help some people on the REAL forums and stop trying to think of more post ideas for OTW.

Lets take a look at your post history:http://forums.gentoo.org/search.php?search_author=tuxamd
I am not going to waste my time going through all of your posts, so just take the first page. I count:
1 post in which you ask for help on a wine problem.
2 posts in which you ask for help with a game.
22 posts (in OTW) where you complain about how stupid OTW is.
What exactly have you contributed to the forums? It is also interesting to note that you very often insult the intelligence of other posters.
yaneurabeya
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuxamd wrote:

Someone has an attitude. Off the Wall is 'Off the Wall'. Enough said. And as for searching, you can choose to filter out anything in that forum.. sheesh.
arnvidr
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought it was great :)
Too bad he didn't take it the way you wanted...
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lews_Therin wrote:
You can choose not to search in OTW, *******.

Lews_Therin: You may wish to filter out the word marked with ******* in the original post. Once the Ninjas get over April Fool's I don't think they're gonna be very happy about it.

MacGillicuddy's Corollary: At the most inopportune time.

Please search and read the FAQs before posting.

Last edited by kimchi_sg on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
kimchi_sg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[removed]

We have smarter ways of dealing with trolls than what I originally proposed.

MacGillicuddy's Corollary: At the most inopportune time.

Please search and read the FAQs before posting.

Last edited by kimchi_sg on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
tuxamd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported
Lews_Therin wrote:
You can choose not to search in OTW, dumba**.

Nice one trying to tell him to edit his posts to attempt to cover up forum violations.

Make a "complain about me" thread if you wish. I do not take opinions from people who do not know any better seriously. I'd be surprised if there were any real complaints from real people with real common sense. That excludes OTWers.
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuxamd:

Lets start here:
texamd wrote:
[about OTW]This is just like a bunch of children fighting and then running to their mommy to tell on each other.

Now, we have:
texamd wrote:
[regarding Luineancaion] Reported...

and
texamd wrote:
[regarding Lews_Therin] Reported...

Appparently you are the on running to your mommy to tell.

Now, as for actual violations:
All posts must be professional and courteous. You are free to disagree with your fellow community members. You are not free to attack, degrade, troll or malign them.
texamd wrote:
How immature can you people get?

texamd wrote:
Do you have anything else to say? Was all of this stupidity posted really what you were fighting for?

texamd wrote:
I'm not saying you can't share your opinions no matter how dumb they may be, but that you should do it elsewhere in a PROPER place, not in LINUX SUPPORT FORUMS!!!

texamd wrote:
Laugh all you want, it would probably take less than 30 min of work by the admins to send all of your foolish opinions and babble to the places where they belong.

texamd wrote:
I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but what's true is that it's pathetic what is being discussed ...

texamd wrote:
I'm finding it hard to resist posting in this forum filled with an overwhelming ammount of ignorance.

Do not discuss cracked software on these forums
texamd wrote:
Just wanted to say feel free to use it (if you must) without paying for it. They aren't exactly that supportive of the gpl or the open source community anyways. But if you feel these posts are too strong, then I guess I'll stop, just trying to save you a few bucks

texamd wrote:
Lots of things are illegal, doesn't mean the cedega police are going to bust into your house at 3 a.m. Smile If cedega was illegal to hand out like this then I'd probably be on death row for the things I did back during my windows era.

texamd wrote:
Eh why struggle with that when you can find the specific tarball portage needs to install the cedega ebuild for free on google if you search the exact file name or on p2p networks? Ethical or not, It's about time those bastards should contribute some code back to wine as they promised. If you have trouble locating it I can put up a mirror, just like everyone on google already has anyways.

Personally, I have no interest in reporting anyone. I simply wanted to point out that if you feel the forum guidelines are so important that you are comfortable banning anyone who slightly steps over them, you should probably be more careful yourself.
tuxamd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
All posts must be professional and courteous. You are free to disagree with your fellow community members. You are not free to attack, degrade, troll or malign them.

That is quite contrary to the whole point of OTW. Some people try to maintain a balance, but I believe if that guideline was strictly enforced half or more of the OTWers wouldnt' be here any more. The nature of the statements you mentioned get repeated in every OTW thread that is not related to gentoo ten or more times.
acasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuxamd wrote:

That is quite contrary to the whole point of OTW. Some people try to maintain a balance, but I believe if that guideline was strictly enforced half or more of the OTWers wouldnt' be here any more. The nature of the statements you mentioned get repeated in every OTW thread that is not related to gentoo ten or more times.

And yet you run and tell..... :roll:

- Adam

"You know the Nazi's had pieces of flare.. that they made the Jews wear."
Lews_Therin
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuxamd wrote:
richk449 wrote:

The point of OTW is to have some place to talk about things not related to Gentoo. It is not a place for you to come and rant at somebody because your boss wouldn't have sex with you today.

And I maintain that you are an idiot. I'm not going to edit my posts because they offended you. I've never reported somebody for hurting my feelings, since I am no longer 5 years old, and I don't care if you do.
yaneurabeya
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lews_Therin wrote:
The point of OTW is to have some place to talk about things not related to Gentoo. It is not a place for you to come and rant at somebody because your boss wouldn't have sex with you today.

And I maintain that you are an idiot. I'm not going to edit my posts because they offended you. I've never reported somebody for hurting my feelings, since I am no longer 5 years old, and I don't care if you do.

Agreed. If you don't like the social climate, please grow up or leave. This forum doesn't take kindly to people who aren't mature or at least have a sense of humor. Get a life tuxamd and stop being hypocritical. This thread should be closed now before it becomes any more flamebait than it already is.
amne
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lews_Therin wrote:

You can choose not to search in OTW, dumbass.

Personal attacks are not acceptable. Banned from OTW.

tuxamd:
If you don't like OTW, just stay out of it. Please refrain from hijacking topics only to complain how much OTW sucks.

tuxamd + kimchi_sg:
Please try to sort out whatever kind of problem you guys have with each other and do not abuse the feedback threads. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: