Thinkpad Framebuffer Problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xeon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Thinkpad Framebuffer Problem Reply with quote

I got gentoo installed just fine, but on first boot, the refresh rate was set extremely low, and I have not been able to get a video mode to work reliably. Some will work better but still wrap the screen showing the same thing two or three times horizontally, and never actually changing the total console size. I have never had this problem with other distros (Slackware, Suse, Mandrake, Caldera, & Debian).

I have an IBM ThinkPad A22p with a UXVGA screen (1600x1200 @ 32) that noramlly supports the 799 video mode.

I am using Lilo as a boot loader, and normally should be able to use:

vga=799

and get the resolution / bit depth I want. Of course, with Gentoo, I can't get any modes to work, and all are incosistent. For instance mode 791 (1024x768 @ 16) will give me a message on boot that it's an invalid mode, but 792 (1024x768 @ 32) will not give the mesage, but still doesnt actually display 1024x768 @ 32, but rather two columns of 640x480 and a bunch of grable nonsense.

I will note that (although I doubt it matters) The system is a dual booting system, and of course, Windows still works normally.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
-xeon
bsolar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe is a problem in your kernel configuration? Try checking the Console Drivers section in menuconfig.
krt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the radeon frame buffer driver? The A22P has a radeon (I'm typing this on a similar A22P ..)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: