php session failing to read session files
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bizzo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: php session failing to read session files Reply with quote

I've recently installed gentoo 1.4 from stage1 on a ppc box and I'm having troubles with sessions in php. The error I get whenever session_start() run is this: read returned less bytes than requested in...

My first reaction was there are permission problems but writing to the session files works fine (tested by opening a session, adding session variables and then looking at the session file before a session_start() is called again).

After hacking at this for more than a few hours I've found that something very strange happens in the php-4.3.0/ext/session/mod_files.c file. For some reason fstat fails to retrieve the proper information on the session file and from there on all the variables seem wrong. I won't go any further with my findings because I'm not really sure what I've found and I'll probably just confuse the issue more.

Anyway, if I'm posting this in the wrong forum let me know and I'll try the PPC forum.

By the way I'm running apache 1.3.27 here is my important emerge info:
Portage 2.0.46-r12 (default-ppc-1.4, gcc-3.2.1, glibc-2.3.1-r2)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.4.19-r6 ppc
USE="oss dvd xv jpeg nls mitshm gif imlib sdl oggvorbis gnome gtk kde mozilla png truetype ppc gdbm berkdb slang readline mysql X gpm tcpd pam libwww ssl perl python esd qt motif opengl"
COMPILER="gcc3"
CHOST="powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -mcpu=750"
CXXFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -mcpu=750"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="ppc"

thanks in advance for any help.[/i]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: