HID support won't compile rpoperly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: HID support won't compile rpoperly Reply with quote

If I compile HID as a module the kernel and everything goes as planned until it comes time to load the HID module then I get a MESS of errors, I managed to catch mmx and not much else... At first I couldn't even get my kernel to compile, but after a
Code:
$make mrproper
all seemed to go well... until it was time to load the HID module that is. If I try making HID a core kernel function it won't compile.

I'm running 2.4.19 that shipped with Gentoo 1.4 rc2 should I just emerge a new kernel? Is it just an
Code:
$emerge kernel
or does special wizardry need to be performed?

I'll be completely fed up with Linux if downloading a new kernel doesn't help, I just don't get it... WHY ME GOD, WHY ME
Delphiki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you're going to compile a new kernel you need to choose which sources you're going to use. I've had good experiences with gentoo-sources, ck-sources, and vanilla-sources, ck-sources and gentoo-sources are more experimental which generally means faster but have some downsides once in a while. There are others you can choose, but for whichever you choose it would be something along the lines of..

emerge vanilla-sources

Then you should make a symlink at /usr/src/linux pointing to the directory in /usr/src which contains the sources that you are going to use.
zenon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.

I was thinking of the ck sources, is this the wrong forum? there aren't any views...I was hoping someone could help me figure out what's wrong, dloading a new kernel is a sorta last-ditch hail mary effort...:(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: