Conio under Linux
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tactless
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Conio under Linux Reply with quote

I'm taking a C course at high school, and we use Borland Turbo C at the labs - we're also expected to do homework with this. Right now we're learning the conio.h library, which is even specified in Turbo C's help file as unix-incompatible. Now, I know about curses and ncurses, but I've seen that the implementation is very complex, and not similar to conio - which means that I can't hand in projects using it (even if I can learn it myself). So I was looking for some sort of conio-compatible interface to ncurses, which would convert my conio commands to ncurses equivelants - and I'm sure this is not an easy task. After some googling, I found something which supposedly does just that on the ibiblio archives (linux-conio-1.02.tgz), but I can't get it to compile:
Code:
Mental EXPlosion presents:

Linux-conio.h - the conio.h for Linux
ATTENTION: This package needs ncurses !
If you are sure you have installed it and it is not
found - edit the Makefile and change the variable
"CURSESDIR" - It is now set to: /usr

Trying to compile...
cc -O -c -I. -I/usr/include/ncurses conio.c -o conio.o
conio.c:121: macro `wattr_get' used with just one arg
conio.c:136: macro `wattr_get' used with just one arg
conio.c:245: macro `wattr_get' used with just one arg
make: *** [library] Error 1

Yes, ncurses is there. I also tried replacing -I/usr/include/ncurses to -lncurses, but that evidently isn't the problem.

So, to the point: Does anyone have a way to get this to compile, an alternative conio library for linux, or a whole new suggestion on how to solve my problem?

It's worth noting that I do my Pascal homework using gpc, without even using the borland-compatibility mode.

"If it wasn't for fog, the world would run at a really crappy framerate."

Jabber: tactless@amessage.info
MathFreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this could be the problem, but linux-conio was written for ncurses 1.9.9e and ncurses is now up to version 5. There have probably been some changes to the API since then. Freshmeat turns up a TurboC porting library and another implementation called Uconio. Neither look like they've been updated for a while, but the first one is the most recent. Hope that helps at least a little bit.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: