Keyboard troubles
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Keyboard troubles Reply with quote

After installing gentoo using a ps2 keyboard, I decided to put it on my kvm switch that connects to the box via usb. Many usb problems and kernel reconfigurations later, I almost have it running nicely. The problem is that when I enter a character, it's echoed. For example, if I type 'hello world', what comes out is 'hheelllloo wwoorrlldd'. This has stumped quite a few friends of mine. I have searched the gentoo forums for a few hours and nothing has come up being close to my problem. I'm pretty sure it's something gentoo though, because the keyboard functions perfectly in the grub console.
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

must be fun to search like that. hehe ;)
Does this happen when you boot off the iso? And it doesn't happen with any other distro of linux on the same box with same hardware config?
serra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booting off the iso is fine. I haven't tried any other distro of linux yet though. What I did was I reinstalled gentoo on the box to use a reiserfs root parition. The only real differences than before was that I was using gentoo-sources 2.4.19 then and ck-sources 2.4.20 now, other than the partition type. A friend of mine using ck-sources and a usb keyboard has no problems at all.
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you have tried a few different kernel sources? If so, and each doesn't help, maybe contact the keyboard or kvm mfg and ask them if they fully comply with usb standards or not. Have you tried other usb keyboards? with or without the kvm on your current setup?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: