Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darckness wrote:
Hrmm. seppe still hasn't gotten back to me yet. I suppose if I don't hear anything back from him by Wednesday or Thursday, I'll post it here since I've been running it with perfect uptime since Saturday.

Don't get your hopes up though. This will be even more experimental than the normal nitro-sources.

I think that is a good idea, but perhaps you could call it something else as it isn't a nitro sources? Possibly start a new thread, explain what has happned and call it Darckness-sources, or something. And if Seppe agrees to it later on, possibly change the thread title?

Just IMHO, but I would be uncomfortable posting a patchset and calling it someone elses... :?

Dunno, just a thought?
seppe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darckness wrote:
Hrmm. seppe still hasn't gotten back to me yet. I suppose if I don't hear anything back from him by Wednesday or Thursday, I'll post it here since I've been running it with perfect uptime since Saturday.

Don't get your hopes up though. This will be even more experimental than the normal nitro-sources.

Sorry for not responding, but I have a lot of work lately. My school is killing me with a lot of tasks and I have exams in 3 weeks. So I can't really test your patch set, but if everything works for you .. then release it! :)
And don't forget to post a patchlist as well. Thanks for your work :)

Latest release I made: 2.6.13.2-nitro1
fyoory
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.6.9-nitro4 "Less is more" Reply with quote

Quote:

If you really want some patch is that isn't in anymore (like orinocco, acx, iteraid, ...), please let me know.

I would like to use iteraid. It would save me time to just have it in the source. I have been manually patching to get support for my simple raid1 array on /home for months now.
SchrodingerPenguin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: usb flash drive Reply with quote

I have a quick question about USB flashdisks with Nitro4.

When I first compiled a Nitro4 kernel, I couldn't get my usb flashdisk to work, so I recompiled a kernel with all of the usb debugging support turned on.

Inserting the memory stick into the usb port then produced copious output to the syslog file, the last line of which was

Code:

/dev/ub/a: p1

After a quick look in /dev/ub/a I tried mounting /dev/ub/a/part1 and it worked, much to my satisfaction.

However, in all of my previous kernels I have mounted my flashdisk by mounting /dev/sda1 (or sometimes /dev/sda2)

Since everything now works, I am not too worried, but I would really love to know what is going on. I would also like to check that I am doing the right thing by mounting /dev/ub/a/part1.

Thanks.
Nate_S
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your config. I remember hearing about a new usb storage driver without scsi emulation, but I think the old one is still there, however it might disable it if you use the new one.

-Nate
kenyon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: hard lockups Reply with quote

This has been mentioned already, but I had problems with this kernel (2.6.9-nitro4) locking up. It usually would lock up shortly after boot. One boot out of 5 it stayed up for about 45 minutes, until I started doing some hdparm tests.

This is using Reiser4, Pentium 4 Hyper Threading, SMP, ACPI, preemption, all that good stuff enabled. I really just want a -mm kernel, but that won't work with the Nvidia drivers. I'm going to try 2.6.9-cko3 and 2.6.10-rc3-no2 next...

Hopefully a Reiser4 patch for 2.6.10 comes out soon.

Update (20041225): Yep, as some other people have reported, the cko3 kernel is stable with all the stuff I mentioned above.
linux_on_the_brain
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have the acpi-dsdt patch for 2.6.9-nitro4, I cant get it from the addons directory get a 403 error. The file name is

acpi-dsdt-initrd-patch-v0.6-2.6.9-for-nitro.diff

If somebody has it, please post it.

THANKS
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm including it in the next 2.6.11-rc3-nitro0-rt , either you might try it,
or, if you don't feel like experimental kernel user, i MIGHT send it to you via email, pm me back..

cheers,

T
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: