Very odd problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBommarito
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Very odd problem Reply with quote

Okay, I have Gentoo installed, and after first installing it, the 3c59x driver worked just fine.

Now, I recompiled the kernel to include the drivers to be able to use USB mice. I compiled in the HID, Input, USBMouse and whatever else was mentioned in the Desktop guide that needed to be installed to get the USB mouse working.

Well, when I rebooted, and the kernel up, everything loaded fine, even the 3c59x module, however when it went to bring ETH0 up, using the net.eth0 script, it froze with no errors whatsoever.

This happens with both Gentoo-Sources and Vanilla-Sources. Anyone have any suggestions? And I also did turn of the ACIP, again nothing.

Oh, I forgot to mention this is using Gentoo 1.4 RC2
David_Escott
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried isolating where in the eth0 script the freeze is occuring? Take the eth0 loading out of the default profile and try to manually load it after you log in. You can go line by line through the eth0 script and see if you can find the problem.
furgussen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that my eth0 hangs as well. Its getting its IP via DHCP from my ISP. I added the -d flag to the dhcpcd options in conf.d/net file to see what it was doing. I found that my machine has to send a second discover before it gets an offer. Causing a 10 second delay. Sometimes it doesn't send a second discover and causes the eth0 to fail. If I run it from the command line it works fine.

Try adding -d to the dhcpcd options and see what you get (if its getting its IP via DHCP).

Tyler
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: