Tux Racer- Odd problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bakgwailo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Tux Racer- Odd problem Reply with quote

Hello, I have an odd problem. Using the most latest tux racer demo and the nvidia driver (I tested 2880 and 2960), when turn on shadows in the menu, the game will come to a complete slow down (1-2fps), but will return to blazingly fast when the shadow goes off screen. I'm very confused at this, since under SuSe 7.3/8.0, it ran perfectly. I have an Athlon 1ghz, geforce II mx, and 3 hundered something megs of ram, in case that might help. Also, slightly of topic, but semi related to gaming. On speeding up my system, I have read that I should put my host name in /ect/hosts. The problem is I have AT&T broad band (also I am using a Belkin router), and I can not figure out what to put as the host name, as ATT wont give me one (they use DHCP for it now I believe), so any ideas? Also, how do I chage X's runlevel (might speed things up ^_^)? And lastly, one more stupid question about speed optimizations, but how can one tell using LD_DEBUG=statistics if something has been compiled using combreloc? Thanks so much,

-joe
alec
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you might have a problem with your nvidia setup - if you haven't already, see the wonderful nvidia guide at http://gentoo.org/doc/nvidia_tsg.html

I experienced really, really slow 3D graphics before going through this guide.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: