No sound playing audio cd's
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janborgar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: No sound playing audio cd's Reply with quote

Im trying to play audio cd's with xmms. Everything looks normal. I get all the CD audio tracks in the play list, and I can start playing any song, but no sound comes out. I have no problems playing ogg files. I also tried the cdcd program, but the same problem occured. Does anyone here have any ideas?

janborgar
spinlock1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Cable Reply with quote

Do you have a cable running from the CD drive to the sound card. There is a plugin for xmms that makes this not necessary, but for cdcd it is. I never got the plugin working, but I made sure the cable was in alright and cdcd worked.
janborgar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cable Reply with quote

spinlock1 wrote:
Do you have a cable running from the CD drive to the sound card. There is a plugin for xmms that makes this not necessary, but for cdcd it is. I never got the plugin working, but I made sure the cable was in alright and cdcd worked.

Yes, the cable is connected. And I also have emerged the plugin..... Darn, I think I've got it... :oops: I use alsa and had forgotten to turn the CD sound Mute off.... (so many damn controls to adjust....). It's working just fine now :).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: