ACPI : My battery is definitely dead?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentenza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:52 am    Post subject: ACPI : My battery is definitely dead? Reply with quote

Hi,

Using gentoo since 1 month on my laptop (Asus s8600), i've tried to use acpi to get more offline power...
It didn't really satisfied me, but didn't break really anything... That waht i thought : When pluging off while using the system, my computer shuted down!

I thought: "Just a little bug...", but when i restarted my computer with an APM kernel, i discovered that i got the same problem and a look at /proc show me that the battery is charged -1 % !!!

I think that the internal battery registers have been dommaged in some manner, so i wonder if i could get register from another battery and apply them on mine...

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Any idea to get my battery back?
oniq
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably your laptop's "standard" ACPI isn't supported. I have the same problem (with the battery registering at -1%) on my laptop, see sig. I haven't tried the 2.5 series of kernels, but if you want to risk it, give that a try.
sentenza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:51 am    Post subject: Thanks for your reply Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I'm gone try it, but actually, even w2k has this problem. The charge led light up every 5-10 minutes during 10s like if charging, but if i unplug the power, bang!

Before using acpi under Linux, my autonomy was 2 hours 30 minutes (10 days ago), that why i think that perhaps some registers in the battery are broken.

Do you experience the same problems with M$ windows?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: