right arrowkey??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zojas
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: right arrowkey?? Reply with quote

700MHz ibook. been using it for weeks in gentoo. just noticed that my right arrow key acts like the Home key in X! xev reports the same keycode (110) and keysym (0xff50) for the right arrow key and fn+left arrow (home). if I press fn+right I get "end" like I would expect.

the funny thing is I don't know if it's always been like this or if it just started.

has anyone else seen this?
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see this behaviour when I upgraded xfree to 4.2.1-r1 (I think). Are you running KDE by chance? I think it was a KDE issue, because I then upgraded kde to latest and greatest (on the security update) and it was fine. I suspect if you erbuild kdebase it may work, but no guarantees. Mine was like that, then just starting working fine when I upgraded, before I had a chance to figure out the nature of the problem.
zojas
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have xfree-4.2.1-r1. I have kde 3.0.4 installed, but I'm not running kde though (i use blackbox). It sounds like there is some other package that's causing it. I have quite a few out-of-date packages, I'll try updating my system and see if that fixes it.
axxackall
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: right arrowkey?? Reply with quote

zojas wrote:
700MHz ibook. been using it for weeks in gentoo. just noticed that my right arrow key acts like the Home key in X! xev reports the same keycode (110) and keysym (0xff50) for the right arrow key and fn+left arrow (home). if I press fn+right I get "end" like I would expect.

the funny thing is I don't know if it's always been like this or if it just started.

has anyone else seen this?

Same thing's here. Gnome, no kde. Gentoo-1.4-rc1. Xfree86-4.2.1-r1.

Does anyone know how to solve it?
zojas
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ibook is upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 right now. once that's done I'll see if it fixes it. for some reason it's recompiling xfree 4.2.1-r1 (in step3!) kind of a surprise. I'll just wait for it to finish. step3 has been running for 7 hours now.
zojas
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! the step3 script took almost 14 hours on my 700MHz ibook. I installed gcc-compat (had to create a /etc/env.d file with the LDPATH for the 2.95 libs) so I'm not going to run step4.

unfortunately, my right arrow key still doesn't work.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: