AMD's future?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pigeon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: AMD's future? Reply with quote

Found this on /. today. Stinky. Very stinky.
nempo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's about time I boutght some AMD stock, who knows how much it will rise when they launch the hammer series.
RdsArts
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is madness. Everyone knows a CPU manufacturer shouldn't go branching out like that. They need to stick with computers, where the money is.

Still, can't say it's a good thing. For me. Mainly because the day I'll run a Intel chip is they day they bury me in the cold cold cold(that's 3) ground, but still I can't say that I fault them. Computer componants have been dropping in profit as of late. Or at least that's what "they" tell me.

I'd tell you who "they" are, but "they" won't even tell me, so...
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RdsArts wrote:
[url=http://www.motorola.com/]Computer componants have been dropping in profit as of late. Or at least that's what "they" tell me.

Average Joe doesn't keep updating his/her PC, what is the gain of upgrading between XP 1800 or 2200, oke I know some gain for "us" power users, but normal users (some textprocessing / internet / mail) with Windows or some binary-distro, don't use their raw-power, games depend more and more on the power of the videocard. having more idle time ain't that useful for most users, besides you need lots of cooling, and they produce more and more noise. Almost like having a small vacuumcleaner on all the time. Although PC won't disappear, you will get more dedicated devices, smaller / portable, more robust , cheaper, & quieter,.....

Cya lX.

my upgrade from P90 -> P266 was bigger in comparison then my upgrade from p266 -> athlon 1.2ghz thunderbird. which I would have still used if my motherboard didn't break......
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: