Corrupted files
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahuth
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:33 am    Post subject: Corrupted files Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I´m having some problems with my MP3-filebase. I´ve done repartitioning with Partition Magic. During the procedure the power in the house fails. :-(((

After copying the files to different hd for recovering (no backup, because to much GB), some files are corrupt. Some MP3´s are cutted and some are mixed. It means you hear the song till the middle and the next song starts from here, maybe in the middle. So the bits were moved around during repartitioning.

How can I discover which files are corrupt? Without hearing every song, there are too much songs ;-)

So long ...

Alex Huth
petu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Corrupted files Reply with quote

ahuth wrote:

How can I discover which files are corrupt? Without hearing every song, there are too much songs ;-)

If you have taken md5sums of correct files then you can just check which ones are corrupted and which ones are correct. If you haven't then AFAIK there is no solution for autodiscover bad files.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: