pilot-link-0.11.8 +java & evolution-1.4.5 +pda
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssenesac
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: pilot-link-0.11.8 +java & evolution-1.4.5 +pda Reply with quote

I'm having problems emerging pilot-link and evolution on amd64. If I add java to USE, pilot-link 0.11.8 fails to emerge issuing the following error:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /var/tmp/portage/pilot-link-0.11.8/temp/ccH8s1IM.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/var/tmp/portage/pilot-link-0.11.8/temp/ccH8s1IM.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [java_lib] Error 1

Also, I get a similar error when emerging evolution-1.4.5 with pda in USE:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: ../../addressbook/backend/ebook/.libs/libebook-static.a(addressbook-stubs.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
../../addressbook/backend/ebook/.libs/libebook-static.a(addressbook-stubs.o): could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libeaddress_conduit.la] Error 1

As soon as I add -java or -pda to these they build fine, but I would like to use these features. Has anyone else had this problem or am I alone?

Any help would be appreciated.
natata
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Get same problem when trying to emerge kdepim Reply with quote

Could you solve your problem?

I do need to compile them with pda and java too, so don't want to do it without those attributes.
AS a java VM I'm using Blackdown JDK 1.4.2_rc1, could be that the problem?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: