Dell Insprion 3500 & PCMCIA fun
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uberlinuxguy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Dell Insprion 3500 & PCMCIA fun Reply with quote

So I have this old Dell Insprion 3500. And it's got this PCMCIA network card that uses the 3c575_cb pcmcia driver. Now the Gentoo x86 1.2 16Mb boot CD recognizes this and loads it just fine. pcmcia_core, i82365, and ds load just fine, cardmgr runs fine and the module 3c575 loads fine, with the boot cd. Now I configure and set up my own kernel, restart to boot the new system, and there is massive PCMCIA horkage all over. The i82365, and ds drivers will not load. I have set up Hot Swap devices, and all PCMCIA stuff in the kernel as modular, but when it tries to load them, it says "No Such Device." So the boot cd kernel loads everything fine, but my kernel doesn't. My hair is slowly being pulled out and is laying in a pile on the floor. My question is, the kernel on the boot cd seems to have everything I need in it but some USB stuff, so where can I find the .config file for that kernel? That would help me in assessing WTF I am doing wrong. Or better, does anyone have any suggestions for me?
sisyphus
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the vanilla sources. I couldn't get the Gentoo sources to play nice on my Toshiba Tecra 8000 with PCMCIA.

Did you follow all the steps in the install doc?

Drop me an email and I'll send you my .config and modules.autoload (note - Vanilla!)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: