View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fideli
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else getting this error? i'm trying to install r1 but i keep getting this error:

Code:

make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/lib/dps'
checking ../../config/pswrap/pswrap over in ../../config/pswrap first...
make[4]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/config/pswrap'
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi -pedantic -Wno-return-type -w     -I../.. -I../../exports/include   -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L                  -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE                          -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE                              -D_GNU_SOURCE                            -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO   -DXENVIRONMENT  -DXVENDORNAME='"The X.Org Foundation"' -DXVENDORNAMESHORT='"X.Org"'   -c -o main.o main.c
bison -y -d pswparser.y
conflicts: 1 shift/reduce
mv -f y.tab.c pswparser.c
+ mv -f y.tab.h pswparser.h
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi -pedantic -Wno-return-type -w     -I../.. -I../../exports/include   -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L                  -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE                          -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE                              -D_GNU_SOURCE                            -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO   -DXENVIRONMENT  -DXVENDORNAME='"The X.Org Foundation"' -DXVENDORNAMESHORT='"X.Org"'   -c -o pswparser.o pswparser.c
flex -l  -t lexer.l > lexer.c
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi -pedantic -Wno-return-type -w     -I../.. -I../../exports/include   -Dlinux -D__i386__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L                  -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE                          -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE                              -D_GNU_SOURCE                            -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO   -DXENVIRONMENT  -DXVENDORNAME='"The X.Org Foundation"' -DXVENDORNAMESHORT='"X.Org"'   -c -o lexer.o lexer.c
<stdout>: In function `yylex':
<stdout>:1199: error: `yy_prev_more_offset' undeclared (first use in this function)
<stdout>:1199: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
<stdout>:1199: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [lexer.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/config/pswrap'
make[3]: *** [../../config/pswrap/pswrap] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/lib/dps'
make[2]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/lib'
make[1]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 702, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

it happens 10 minutes into the install. i removed cflags and still the same error.
veezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That '/etc/portage/package.keywords' is really nice .. I didn't know about it.

Two questions though:
1. What's the difference between using 'package.keywords' and 'package.unmask' to unmask a build?
2. Is there something similar to override virtuals?

Thanks,
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vzeidat wrote:
That '/etc/portage/package.keywords' is really nice .. I didn't know about it.

Two questions though:
1. What's the difference between using 'package.keywords' and 'package.unmask' to unmask a build?

You should use package.unmask if the particular package has been masked in package.mask, not if it's been masked becuase it doesn't have the right keywords.

vzeidat wrote:
2. Is there something similar to override virtuals?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here! There are threads with much more detail than this around the place though, so I'm going to stop hijacking the thread now :wink:
aeronova
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: ati problem... Reply with quote

I have a dri-glx-ati related problem.
I followed the migration howto to use xorg instead of xfree.
I installed latest ati-drivers as well, but I cannot start X.
Belows are the error message.
I searched this forum to get some idea, but I can't.
Hope for your advise. Thanks.

Code:

hostname: Host name lookup failure

Release Date: 18 December 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.4-rc1-mm1 i686 [ELF]
Current Operating System: Linux spike 2.6.4-rc1-mm1 #1 Sun Feb 29 22:11:42 UTC 2004 i686
Build Date: 17 June 2004
   Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
   to make sure that you have the latest version.
Module Loader present
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
   (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
   (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Thu Jun 17 18:26:38 2004
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

Using vt 7
dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.so: undefined symbol: __glXActiveScreens
(EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.so
(EE) Failed to load module "dri" (loader failed, 7)
dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so: undefined symbol: __glDDXExtensionInfo
(EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)
dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ati_drv.so: undefined symbol: ATIPreInit
(EE) Failed to load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ati_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "ati" (loader failed, 7)
(EE) No drivers available.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
    at http://wiki.X.Org
 for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
aeronova
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: I solved my problem! Reply with quote

I just re-emerged again xorg-x11 without "pie" and "hardened" option, and
I works fine.
Thanks guys anyway. :)
semaphore
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouTheBlueGuru wrote:
Except for the stupid grey startup screen, it works just fine on both my x86 and a64. I do wish someone would try to figure out how to get rid of the nonfunctional grey startup screen!

I got rid of the checkered grey startup background by editing my /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file.

Add the -br flag to the X command in gdm.conf :
Code:
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -br -audit 0
nick125
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

works nice for me. I cannot complain
galah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to say that this computer has never run xfree. The one time I emerged xorg it worked splendidly and immediately with no configuration necessary. :o

Yay!
fuqnbastard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems Xorg is a bit more picky when it comes to valid config files, fixed that and now it works fine!
shift
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6.7.0-r1 seems to start up much faster. Finally got rid of that long delay.
Gentoo Matrix
HezniK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

Just wanted to say that with xorg i get better performance with glx (meaning xorg-x11 vs. x11 opengl interface). In Quake2 i always had a problem with a mouse, that was only happening with using 3d acceleration (glx), so i discovered that when i switch to x11 opengl interface (from nvidia interface) mouse will work properly _but_ a performance will degrade seriously and a game loses it's smoothness, so it's like playing with constant lag (frags: me 0, friends: 100). GLXgears also shows performance degradation. Anyway with xorg-x11 interface it all plays so smoothly as nvidia, and mouse is working, gotta shot those bastards ! (mean: friends).
btw. GLXgears didn't show any performance raises.

bye
Twiggy794
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I try emerge xorg-x11 but it tells me it can't find any masked ebuilds. I ls /usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-x11 and I see 2 ebuilds for xorg-x11. I synced my portage tree just this morning. Is there a catch to emerging xorg?

Also, what's the equivalent xf86config command for Xorg? And where are the config files stored in relation? I gotta whacky resolution that I need (1280x800) :oP

Thanks all
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twiggy794 wrote:
Hmmm...I try emerge xorg-x11 but it tells me it can't find any masked ebuilds. I ls /usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-x11 and I see 2 ebuilds for xorg-x11. I synced my portage tree just this morning. Is there a catch to emerging xorg?

It's still masked as unstable, so if you want it, put this in your /etc/portage/package.keywords (you may need to create the file and the directory):
Code:
x11-base/xorg-x11   ~x86

Twiggy794 wrote:
Also, what's the equivalent xf86config command for Xorg? And where are the config files stored in relation? I gotta whacky resolution that I need (1280x800) :oP

I think the equivalent command it xorgconfig, but you may want to check that. The config files are in the same place, it's just called xorg.conf instead of XF86Config. The syntax inside the file is the same as well, you can just use your old file. Xorg looks for /etc/X11/XF86Config if it can't find /etc/X11/xorg.conf so you don't even need to move it! (It's probably a good idea though...)
Twiggy794
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got GNOME already emerged and compiled, then I un-emerged XFree so I could switch to Xorg. Will I need to re-compile GNOME? Please say no :D
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twiggy794 wrote:
I've got GNOME already emerged and compiled, then I un-emerged XFree so I could switch to Xorg. Will I need to re-compile GNOME? Please say no :D

Nope, you won't need to. :D To all intents and purposes at the moment, it's just the same as if you upgraded XFree86.
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I have not posted in a long, long time.

Anyways, I would like to say that I removed everything XFree86 and installed xorg. I compiled everything against Linux-headers 2.6.6 and it all works flawlessly. I am using the nvidia-kernel 4496 and the nvidia-glx 4496. I am using the nvidia glx (to clarify: I did not do a opengl-update xorg) and I get a little over 3600 fps using GLX gears with my regular user, which is more than I got with XFree, so I guess everything worked out fine. I even had xfs going at the time.
DeekGeek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: emerge error building xorg 6.7.0-r1 Reply with quote

I'm getting the same error, but I haven't had time to research it yet. If I find anything useful, I'll post it. I'm attempting to emerge xorg 6.7.0-r1 on a fresh Gentoo install (i.e., console only, no X of any kind) and the xorg build bombs after about ten minutes. I have the following in my CFLAGS:

Code:

-fomit-frame-pointer -fstack-protector -march=pentium4 -O2

fideli wrote:
anyone else getting this error? i'm trying to install r1 but i keep getting this error:

Code:

-- redacted --

<stdout>: In function `yylex':
<stdout>:1199: error: `yy_prev_more_offset' undeclared (first use in this function)
<stdout>:1199: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
<stdout>:1199: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[4]: *** [lexer.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/config/pswrap'
make[3]: *** [../../config/pswrap/pswrap] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/lib/dps'
make[2]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc/lib'
make[1]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/work/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1 failed.

-- redacted --

Flandry
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After emerging X.org, i get the following message when i run startx: Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/Speedo/, removing from list.
This same message is repeated five time for various fonts. I looked through the log file and couldn't find any other errors besides this one, and it looked like it had successfully loaded fonts (if i read the log right). Just before crashing out, the monitor resyncs and and i think i see a mouse cursor. So i think i'm close: what do i do?

The fonts for which the message is repeated is CID, type1, and a local directory under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/
Klementas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: xorg is a buggy piece of crap Reply with quote

I've had nothing but problems with xorg since emerging it. I've *never* had any problems with xfree. Using xorg, after I log in the screen just goes blank sometimes and I have to key ctrl-alt-F7 to get it back. I also just came home and tried to log in, but xorg decided to not take any keyboard input at all!!! When I checked my /var/log/messages, it was filled with thousands of lines of garbage. I can also no longer halt or reboot my machine in X mode, it just locks up. I have to ctrl-alt-F<> to a different terminal before I can reboot or halt my box. All in all, a very bad program.
Klementas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: plus configure and xterm problems Reply with quote

I forgot to mention the configure doesn't work right. If you use X -configure, it doesn't setup the keyboard at all. I had to do a *lot* of tweaking of the config file just to get it to work. Also, my xterm no longer worked the way it did under xfree. I could no longer use alt-1, alt-2, etc. in irssi, there was no scrollbar, the backspace key no longer worked. I had to set all that up in my .Xdefaults. I don't understand the decision to change the xterm defaults, but it's much worse than under xfree. I'll be spending the next few hours putting xfree back on.
StifflerStealth
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: plus configure and xterm problems Reply with quote

Klementas wrote:
I forgot to mention the configure doesn't work right. If you use X -configure, it doesn't setup the keyboard at all.
To configure X.org use the following command:
Code:
# Xorg -configure
It took less than a second, but I had a perfectly good config file. I had to add my specific keyboard, but the defaults worked just fine. It went so quick that I thought it failed at first.

DeekGeek wrote:
I'm getting the same error, but I haven't had time to research it yet. If I find anything useful, I'll post it. I'm attempting to emerge xorg 6.7.0-r1 on a fresh Gentoo install (i.e., console only, no X of any kind) and the xorg build bombs after about ten minutes. I have the following in my CFLAGS:

Code:
-fomit-frame-pointer -fstack-protector -march=pentium4 -O2
I use to have "-fomit-frame-pointer" in my CFLAGS, butI removed it because I was having a lot errors with it. Some packages just would not compile while others would. This is what I have for CFLAGS:
Code:
-march=pentium4 -O3 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -fprefetch-loop-arrays
-funroll-loops -ffast-math -pipe
I hope this helps.
Klementas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X -configure or Xorg -configure is the same thing on my box. And they both produce a config file that doesn't work, with the keyboard or anything else.[/quote]
thepustule
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: libX11.so.6 missing Reply with quote

Well, so far xorg works nicely - with full NVidia drivers. Unreal Tournament 2004 is faster and smoother than it ever is on Windows,

BUT

Neither evolution or mozilla will load any more. libX11.so.6 is missing.

ouch!
neotyk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: not too good Reply with quote

I've been useing it for a while it was OK,
so I've emerged new release -r1, and problems started:
see my post describing it: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=189857

Hubert.
superjaded
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: libX11.so.6 missing Reply with quote

thepustule wrote:
Neither evolution or mozilla will load any more. libX11.so.6 is missing.

I don't remember having to recompile anything for broken libraries, but it's worth a shot. Have you run revdep-rebuild from gentoolkit yet?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: