Linksys Nic
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anubis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Linksys Nic Reply with quote

OK. So I pretty much got everything to work except for my nic (somewhat important I assume). I'm using a LinkSys Network Everywhere Ethernet 10/100 PCI Adapter. Using the 1.4 install I don't see my Nic anywhere among the menu selections. Anyone else using something like this and got the stupid thing to work? Btw, I can connect to the net perfectly fine using the cd and the net-setup eth0. Just can't find the module for my kernel, and if I reboot using the configed kernel, I have no network connect (of course). Thanks.
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinkSys makes cards that use several different drivers: I think I've come across realteks, tulips, and ne2k-pcis here on the forums. Probably the easiest thing to do is to sift through the output of dmesg when booted from the CD, and it will probably give you a hint which driver to use. Otherwise, you're going to need a model number.
Anubis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, blessed dmesg. Been working on FreeBSD systems for over two years and can't believe that I forgot about that little output 8O . Looks, to be the Tulip drivers. Thanks. Also, if anyone needs to know the product number it's nc100.
hassan_1321
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also having this problem with the same nic but what do I do with the model number?? :?:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: