ls120 problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anarchist
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:13 pm    Post subject: ls120 problems Reply with quote

i got a disturbing problem with my ls120, i just can mount it if i have got a floppy in the drive when i boot up gentoo, if i boot up without a floppy in the drive i even haven't got a device! im not quiet sure what i shall do i hope some of you guys will have an idea
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you do not have a device what do you mean? What device name are you looking for? This is likely an IDE LS-120 drive, right? Where is it connected? (Is it master on the first channel, slave on the second channel, etc.) You should be able to mount it using the /dev/hd* (where * is the correct alpha character -- likely 'a', 'b', 'c', or 'd') device using a command like this.

Code:
mount /dev/hdb /mnt/ls120

I don't have an LS-120 drive any more though nor do I know for sure what you mean when you say
anarchist wrote:
if i boot up without a floppy in the drive i even haven't got a device!
so maybe I am way off in left field here. When last I used my LS-120 in Linux it behaved VERY much like a CD-ROM (at least conceptually for mounting and such, I mean.)

Give us some more details so I can be more help, I doubt what I have already said will be anything near a solution--but eventually it should help.

When you boot up with a floppy in the drive do you have a /dev/ls120 device?

Regards,
BonezTheGoon
anarchist
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, when i got a floppy in the drive when i boot my gentoo up the ls120 has got a device /dev/hdd but if i boot up without a device it is not there, but my linux "knows" that the drive ist there, because i can acces the information in /proc ......
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: