phpmyadmin installation problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject: phpmyadmin installation problem Reply with quote

I have installed and tested apache. I can connect to it fine on my local intranet. I have tested the php install by running a phpinfo() script. I have installed mysql and run its install. I can log into it from the command line without a problem.

I have installed phpmyadmin. And thought id gotten it working. I can connect to the phpmyadmin main page. It lists the two databases I have currently (mysql and test).

However, when I try to click ANY links on the page that reference my local server I get a Page cannot be displayed error.

Note: When I manually write in the link on the page I can connect to it directly...though I cant DO anything when I get to it as the links act the same.

For example I could type:

Code:

http://mysitename/phpmyadmin/user_details.php

And I would get the user details page with all the proper info showing. But I cant click on an edit link without getting the Page cannot be displayed error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mycah
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = line in your config.inc.php file... it probably should be something like: http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin (or whatever the correct path is).

PHP should autodetect this on most systems, but perhaps it isn't on yours and is creating the hyperlinks incorrectly?

That's my best guest.
mycah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dreamer

I just came back to give an update. Had figured it out. Human error :oops:

I typoed the line I had put in for the $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = .

doh

thanks

mycah
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: