Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Daemon Tools/CD Protections
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Normie
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Daemon Tools/CD Protections Reply with quote

Long post coming up...

I want to use a copied WCIII CD (yes, I own the original, of course :P ), only it's copied in such a way that I have to use Daemon Tools' Securom emulation to get it to work in Windows (but besides that, it works beautifully). That leads me to the following questions about getting it to work in Gentoo...

1) The subscription version of WineX... does it EMULATE the common CD protections (Safedisc, securom, etc.)? Or is it something else? (In other words, will it do for linux what Daemon Tools does for Windows?)

2) If not, will Daemon tools run (and work) using wine/winex under Linux?

3) If it won't, is there a linux-based equivalent?

4) If not, is there ANYTHING at all out there for linux that will emulate Securom/Safedisc/Etc. CD protections?

5) Incidentally, will the non-subscription version of WineX allow me to INSTALL the game? (I'll worry about running it later, when I can get the subscription (no credit :oops: ))

Sorry if the questions are confusing, but my writing ability kinda sucks after hours of dinkering around. Warcraft III is the only thing at this point that keeps Windows on my system (well, a non-VMWare windows, anyway), and I REALLY want to change that. (Who wouldn't?)

-Normie -- "I..... ain't got no-boooooody....."
_SkeLeToN_
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) yes the WineX subscription will emulate the common CD protections. You can get winex from cvs but due to liscensing issue you wont have copy protection emulation. Need no cd or other stuff like that to make it works.

2) I think there is a linux port of deamon tools but i'm not sure never look for that.

3)Dont think deamon tool works with winex because its run under the taskbar .... but then again never try before.
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're asking how to bypass the copy protection schemes the manufacturer has placed on the CD. Please read #11 in the Forum Guidelines.

Locking thread.

--kurt
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: