acpi-sources..
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masseya
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:02 am    Post subject: acpi-sources.. Reply with quote

I found this german thread on a search, but it wasn't helpful because my german isn't up to par. :( So I've never gotten ACPI working on my laptop and I'm curious if anyone here has had success stories that might be helpful. I'm working on a Compaq 1700T. I've contacted a few people who have sites on http://www.linux-laptop.net, but I haven't really gotten much feedback from them. :( I kinda gave up on it for a while, but I'm interested in trying again with the acpi-sources that are availible via portage. Has anyone got any tips on getting these working?
raziel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried the acpi-sources package yet, but I have had success with the acpi patches from http://acpi.sourceforge.net

To be honest, there's not a whole lot of functionality the ACPI patches seem to provide yet. You can get proper IRQ routing and information about the machine's thermal state and battery state.

Stuff like suspending doesn't work yet though. You'll have to use the swsusp patch for that.
Rafet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have Compaq 1700 series laptop (1723EA), although I have ACPI working, it is a quite old patch, dated 20020503. With the newer patches i get this message when booting:
ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNKH] (IRQs 3 4 5 7 9 *10 11 14 15)
It gets stuck there, forcing me to do a hard reboot.

I think you should try some older patches if you haven't had any luck with the latest ones.

PS. if someone has some pointers on how to solve the PCI interrupt link issue, It would be nice if you could send me a message. DS.
masseya
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafet: This is a very similar message to what I'm getting. I'll try some of the older patches and see what I can get working. Thanks for the tip. If you find anything more out, please let me know. :)
duff
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: acpi-sources.. Reply with quote

Tristam29 wrote:
I'm interested in trying again with the acpi-sources that are availible via portage. Has anyone got any tips on getting these working?

YES! With the vanilla 2.4.19 sources I could not get battery status, but it would shutdown properly. I emerged acpi-sources (which brings in kernel 2.4.20 -pre 8 and patches that), and that got it to work! Only funky thing about this newer version is that they've changed the /proc/acpi layout. Instead of /proc/proc/battery/1 for the the first battery, it's now /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0. So if you have any battery monitoring programs (like wmab), or anything ACPI specific, you may have to edit the source code to get them to work.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: