nvidia geforce2 gts
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smtanner
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: nvidia geforce2 gts Reply with quote

I have an nvidia geforce2 gts card. I think I have the drivers installed correctly, X starts at least. When I run glxgears, I get about 1200 fps. When I had suse installed, I would getting about 2500 fps when I would run gears. Why the difference? Is there some difference between gears and glxgears? Would someone with a similar card please post their fps. thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a geforce 2, I installed the drivers changed my xconfig file and x stopped starting up. I am currious as to how i went wrong. its an AGP card, did i mess up my kernel configuration for agp? I havnt looked at it much. so i havnt had time to try very much. If anyone has any ideas thanks!

O the problem is that xserver starts up, but i get a blank screen. and the system is stopped no alt ctrl backspace or anything. thanks guys!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smtanner, you didn't by chance recompile the kernel did ya? or maybe reconfigure the x config file?
Curious
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: nvidia geforce2 gts Reply with quote

smtanner wrote:
When I run glxgears, I get about 1200 fps. When I had suse installed, I would getting about 2500 fps when I would run gears.

I would advise you to check the colour depths of your X-Servers - are they the same?

Curious.
FINITE
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the guest that posted the bit about the kernel and xconfig. That was ment for the other guest asking about startx and it not working.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it figured out, as i was posting the message, i realized i may have spelled something wrong in the config file. truth is i forgot all together " which closed the "nvidia" so, it was messing up server. i was at my friends so i couldnt really check it out. thanks for your time though.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: