Sound Blaster Live! (4.1)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tirantloblanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Sound Blaster Live! (4.1) Reply with quote

Hello.

I know there are lots of posts about the Live! card. Ive tried to read them all. But im still doubting between OSS & Alsa.
I "just" want to listen to my music, play some 3D games (UT2003), and watch DVDs and DivX. And if it's possible having 3D Sound through my 4.1 speakers.
Ive read some people recommending to use OSS for 5.1 sound, but the gentoo desktop faq, says its better to install ALSA.
I have just finished installing my gentoo, so i don't have anything about sound compiled (just the base system). I had added the -alsa to USE, because i was ready to use OSS.
Im sorry if you have answered questions like this hundreds of times, but i'm still confused.
Thanks everybody.
px
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first unmerge everything which have any report to alsa (alsa-driver alsa-utils etc...) then go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1 and grab the drivers (I mind it may be in portage tree)
make it (follow indications on make process, you had to make, make install, make tools and make tools_install) then you can use the emuscript that configure your sound for multiple speaker.
tirantloblanc
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Luckily i didnt install anything related to sound yet.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: