Quick Search: in
KDE3 apps take fover to load
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gate

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: KDE3 apps take fover to load Reply with quote

After playing around with gentoo linux on my old pentium pro system I decided to install it on my main linux box witch is a dual celeron 400. I fallowed the directions in the install guild to get the system up and running, I build everything from stage1 up. I emerege the gentoo linux tree, X and the nvidia drivers. got X up and running and then did a emerge kde. After kde was finished compiling I started it up. KDE took a while to get going but after it did all kde apps take a min of 10 sec to start. larger apps such as konquor take over 20 to load. I know this system handles kde just fine because I have run kde3 under debian with no problems. Could someone please let me know what I did wrong and how to fix it.

Greg
gate

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: opps Reply with quote

Sorry, the tread topic is off.
Should of been "KDE3 apps take forever to load"
gate
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: I'm stupid, or just slow Reply with quote

Ok I found my problem. I added my system name to the /etc/hosts file and everythign works just fine now. think I will go bang my head against something for a while.
arkane
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, talk about responsive to your own question :)

I was reading it getting ready to ask about dns resolving (hosts, etc..) and you answered your question the same lol
gate
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: I like talking to myself Reply with quote

Ya only took me a day to track down.

Gate.Ilive4Code.net
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: