SELinux on SPARC ??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isoaga
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: SELinux on SPARC ?? Reply with quote

Hi there sparc users, i've only ever dabled in hardwares alternative to x86 but recently one of our number crunching sparcs got attacked and had to be shut down. It was administered very poorly so i've decided to take over its administration, put gentoo on it and make it more secure. As far as this goes i've been reading up on the hardened gentoo project and SELinux however there only appears to be an install guide for x86. My question is how different will an SELinux install be on sparc and how would i go about it?

Any help would be great, thanx.
Kumba
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know SELinux runs on a ultrasparc system. One developer has a Blade 2000 that runs it. Likely, you'll just need to follow most of the x86 install guide and substitute sparc stuff for x86. You'll of course need to use a 2.6 kernel, turn on the SELinux framework in the kernel, and use the sparc64 selinux profile in portage's profiles directory. Beyond that, I know little about getting SELinux up and running. You might also consider dropping into the #gentoo-hardened channel on IRC (freenode.net) to get advice there.

--Kumba
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: