View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0n
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Sendmail and Maildir Reply with quote

Okay, so the Desktop Environment Guide mentions the fact that Gentoo by default tends to use ~/.maildir for mail, instead of /var/spool/mail/username like any self-respecting UNIX should. :P I'm using sendmail, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it keeps on dumping mail into ~/.maildir. Does anyone know how to get sendmail to stick mail in /var/spool/mail/username? Or perhaps it's a procmail thing; I hadn't thought of that. But after looking around just now I'm not sure where I'd specify that in procmail, either.

A note on configuration: I'm using the same configuration that's worked for me on two other boxes (both Debian, though). I've got my sendmail.mc file which is exactly how I want it, and I've generated the sendmail.cf from there. My .procmailrc is identical on both systems.
n0n
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, figured it out. The ebuild patches procmail depending on some USE flags. Specifying "mbox -maildir" will fix things up the way I want.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: