Privoxy update & Bugzilla
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edcjones
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Privoxy update & Bugzilla Reply with quote

Usually I can read Bugzilla stuff. But I have questions about https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7163 . Is there a bug in privoxy-3.0.0 or in the privoxy ebuild or is this just an announcement? When might the privoxy package be updated to 3.0.0? Should I use the ebuild given or compile manually from the privoxy tarball?
kirill
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Privoxy update & Bugzilla Reply with quote

edcjones wrote:
Usually I can read Bugzilla stuff. But I have questions about https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7163 . Is there a bug in privoxy-3.0.0 or in the privoxy ebuild or is this just an announcement? When might the privoxy package be updated to 3.0.0? Should I use the ebuild given or compile manually from the privoxy tarball?

This update is an enhancement. It's actually the 1st ever privoxy stable (as the bug description stays).

I spotted that post quite a time ago, but the problem is that I cant download the ebuild file. I've tried with Mozilla, Konqueror, Opera and IE6 and the only thing I get is attachment.cgi. Does anyone have similar problems?

Quote:
------- Additional Comment #2 From Georg Sauthoff 2002-08-28 07:46 -------

Accidentally I marked this bark as closed/wontfix (actually I wanted to change
the privoxy-2.9.20 bug).

So I changed it to reopened. I hope this is not a problem.

Maby the attachment went away when the developer reopened the bug?

I'm not very familiar with bugzilla system and how it handles attachments, but if what has happened is what I think has happened maby we need to file a bug report on a bug?;)
george
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I spotted that post quite a time ago, but the problem is that I cant download the ebuild file. I've tried with Mozilla, Konqueror, Opera and IE6 and the only thing I get is attachment.cgi. Does anyone have similar problems?

When you download it, just change the filename that you save to privoxy-3.0.0.ebuild.tar.gz. After I did this, I just untar'ed it into /usr/portage.local/net-www. (recent versions of portage have comments on local overlays)

Make sure that you have text browser installed before you try to merge it though.

George.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: