View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: KDE 3.1 beta2 lacks a feature.. Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, but I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find how to activate the "Copy To" (kinda opens a menu like the quick browser) option when you right click on a file in konqueror. It was one of my favorite features in 3.0.3

Anybody?
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: KDE 3.1 beta2 lacks a feature.. Reply with quote

??? try to clean .kde files (move to another place). It is working in my beta 2.

zombie wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find how to activate the "Copy To" (kinda opens a menu like the quick browser) option when you right click on a file in konqueror. It was one of my favorite features in 3.0.3

Anybody?
bakgwailo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats in kdeaddons, do you have that package emerged?
zombie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: you know what? Reply with quote

I thought my kdeaddons emerge had worked, but I realize it did not... thanks guys, I'm a bad geek...
therion12
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

np, it helps if you have a graphical emerge tool like 'kportage'; really lays things out for you nicely.
zombie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got kportage and kemerge, it's just I installed everything in a hurry trying all kinds of ways to emerge stuff and, well, it gets confusing when you do it like that. :)

But, the good news is, bakgwailo was right, it is in kdeaddons, and the emerge failed with my flags:

CHOST='i686-pc-linux-gnu'
CFLAGS='-march=pentium4 -mcpu=pentium4 -O3 -pipe'
CXXFLAGS='-march=pentium4 -mcpu=pentium4 -O3 -pipe'

I tried safer flags:
CFLAGS='-march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -O2'
CXXFLAGS='-march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -O2'

As you can tell, I have no idea whatsoever what those flags do. BUT it works, added the Copy To and Move To menus to Konqueror, but now I have a random crash everytime I visualise the root directory in konqueror. Might have something to do with the fact that I use XFS, but I am pretty sure I have to use the same flags (or at least the same march and mcpu ones) when I add features to konqueror.

Feel free to rectify me on anything I just wrote here. And thanks again bakgwailo.
zombie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agh

I shouldn't be talking so much about KDE 3.1 beta2 since it's still beta...

Anyway, I'm not sure anymore if my konqueror crashes were due to my emerging kdeaddons with bad flags, I just removed the Configure Button form the navigation panel and everything works fine. Still, it wouldn't crash when browsing my ntfs or fat32 partitions... maybe it's something to look into, maybe not. You guys tell me.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is OK to talk about beta software, as long as you did not sign non-disclosure agreements 8) If something is really not working, take the time to post a bug report in Gentoo s bugs or in KDEs bugs.

zombie wrote:
Agh

I shouldn't be talking so much about KDE 3.1 beta2 since it's still beta...

Anyway, I'm not sure anymore if my konqueror crashes were due to my emerging kdeaddons with bad flags, I just removed the Configure Button form the navigation panel and everything works fine. Still, it wouldn't crash when browsing my ntfs or fat32 partitions... maybe it's something to look into, maybe not. You guys tell me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: